Friday 6 April 2007

I Can't Find Robin Hood

I went to look for Robin Hood today.

Wonder how many bookstores I have to go to before I find it. Sigh.

On the bright side, I saw a book by John Grisham (I was going to borrow his books in the MGSS library after Jeffrey Archer's but tak sempat T_T) entitled, "The Street Lawyer". It's about Michael Brock, a high-priced antitrust lawyer at the fictional law firm of Drake & Sweeney. One day, a homeless man holds dunno how many lawyers hostage in the firm and bloodshed ensues. This incident changes his life and mindset, and he begins to reevaluate his priorities as a lawyer and in life. He takes to the streets and gets acquainted with life on the streets. He now takes on the task of upholding justice for the homeless, even if it means going against his old firm. A lot of his former colleagues and friends get angry with him la, and then got a lot of conflict lor.

John Grisham writes a lot about mysteries and suspense thrillers involving the legal system. Jeffrey Archer tends towards the political side. I like both!!!! But somehow I can't bring myself to buy the books I liked in Popular and MPH. I keep thinking that those kind of books are more worth borrowing than buying.

Even Enid Blyton's Children Stories T_T

Had fun moonwalking and matrix-ing with Doreen in MP today though.

Now I'm gonna plop onto the bed and sleep my mild fever away.

Buh-bye.

No comments: