Wednesday 8 January 2014

"Hi Lim, how are you today... hehe =)"

How am I?

Prayer meet tonight - can't wait to hear the first mini-sermon for the meet by Kenneth.

Musicians roster for Jan - Jun 2014 still not done, waiting for various parties' confirmation.

First Teens Club meet on 11.1.2014 afternoon, supposed to welcome the teens back to the Club. Nothing moving yet.

First Young Adults meet on 11.1.2014 evening, I'm in charge of backup games. (oklah, making people play silly games is fun for me)

Submissions due on 13.1.2014, the same day as the hearing date for a summary judgment application against our client.

Affidavit in reply due on 17.1.2014, must be sent to client to be affirmed by 16.1.2014 latest. Oh, and we haven't done the meet-client-to-decide-how-to-reply part yet.

Trial on 15.1.2014, I'll be counsel this time. (Whee! and Eee!) 

Wedding stuff (this one quite fun).

Bankruptcy notices not prepared yet because of the backlog caused by a certain clerk.

How am I?

I was feeling awful until that message came in.

Love-hate relationship with clients - they bring us trouble, but without their troubles, our profession holds no meaning. We're like the man of the appalling trade in Emily Dickinson's There's been a Death, in the Opposite House. maybe that's why we dress like we're going to a funeral.

Anyway.

Today's relationship is one of love. Thank you, dear client.

3 comments:

chelsea said...

Emily Dickson! ahahahaha... I remember that.. I used to call it the "throw tilam" poem..LOL.. Stay strong Hwei!!

****suffocating hugs***

hwei said...

She wrote so much and you only remembered the tilam ah? Haha!

Thanks =')

ling said...

i had a similar experience in december with my client. before i walked out of his office, he asked me, "eh how's ur mum doing? i hope she's better." i had last met him in september and he still remembers my mum not being well and going in and out of clinics. i call these #littleacts! :)

the Lord knows when we need that extra push in our weary days :)

*hugs*