Wednesday 14 December 2011

pili-pala.

Mary Poppins: "When you have nothing to say, say... supercallafredgilisticexpiellidocious!"

When I have nothing to say, I say pili-pala. Shorter. Simpler. Hah.

Caroling last week reminded me of how much I used to love to sing. 

Not so much singing.

Bursting into song.

Sometimes it's the very motion of doing something that we love.

E.g.

It doesn't matter what tea I drink; I love the act of drinking tea more than tea itself. It makes me feel calm.

It doesn't matter what movie I watch; I love the act of watching a movie / TV show with my siblings more than the movie / TV show itself. It makes me feel relaxed.

It doesn't matter what song I sing; I love the act of bursting into song more than the song itself. It makes me feel musical.

It doesn't matter what I thank God for. I love the act of thanking God more than the good or bad thing itself. It makes me feel... grateful?

I think we 'grown-ups' need to learn to sing again.



Thank You, God, for this fine day
Thank You, God, for this fine day
Thank You, God, for this fine day
Right where we are!

=)

1 comment:

twyeo said...

it's been ages since I last understood what were you writing! welcome back!!