Thursday 2 September 2010

before i turn in (my earliest in two weeks).

No matter how big our problems are,
Jesus Christ is bigger.

Faith is turning to our mountains
and telling them how big our God is.

The wait may be long,
the inconsistency unbearable,
but our day of rest can
and will come.


Based on the story of the leper in Mark 1:40-41 and the story of the father of the demon-possessed boy in Mark 9:21-24.


"Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean."
"I am willing. Be clean!"

"If You can do anything, take pity on us and help us."
"'If you can?' Everything is possible for him who believes."
"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

 
I sangat suka itu leper punya story.
I recently took an interest in the story of the desperate father.

"If You are willing"
"If You can"

He is always willing,
and He always can.

It is my unbelief that must give way.

Help me overcome my unbelief.

1 comment:

SimianD said...

I remember a chance encounter I had with my Mom's youth pastor in A&W a couple of years back, when I was contemplating some decisions midway through my uni years.

The details of that conversation elude my memory, but at some point he asked me a question to which I answered, "God willing."

And he said to that, "God is willing. Are you?"