Tuesday 25 April 2017

pieces of me.

It's just one of those days when you have 50 things on your to-do list but everyone is on your tail like their case is the only one you're working on.

I am reminded of the parable of the unforgiving servant in times like these - when my boss does not berate me for a mistake I made, but assists me as much as he can instead. Makes me stand back and re-evaluate how harsh I have been on my students in comparison to his response to my mistakes. 

Instead of taking over what I perceive to be my boss' role of berating myself when I have erred, I'm taking a few minutes to recap what I have learned today:-

#1 - Maintain the same level of efficiency in lull periods as in busy periods so that I don't have to drastically increase my level of efficiency during busy periods. 

#2 - Get enough sleep so that my mind can function at its optimum level instead of being the dull thing it is right now. I can get more work done that way.

#3 - While I cannot control when my clients decide to call me or check on their files (which, like today, means they decided to call almost all at once), I can control how I respond to it.

#4 - There are people who are willing to help me and I do not have to bear everything on my own. My colleagues are awesome and I thank God for them.

#5 - I will get more done when I'm in a better mood. Being unkind and unfriendly to other people does not lead to a good mood in any way. Therefore, smiles, thank-you's, and hold-on-ya's work better for this goal than frowns, curt no's, and I'm-busy-go-away's.

No comments: