Monday 6 December 2010

day one of volunteer work.

  • Got lost trying to find PJLA. (what’s new?)
  • Got there on time though. (what’s new? =P)
  • I was right – the other two volunteers were guys. (so clever)
  • Went downstairs to get something, and listened to a group of carolers. I miss caroling. (though I never caroled much – was mostly on the piano)
  • The youngest member of the group hopped up to me and gave me a candy cane. Which I broke. (sorry!)
  • The job wasn’t as challenging as I’d thought. (bummer)
  • I watched bits and pieces of the musical. (loved the bits and pieces!)
  • Colin Kirton thanked the volunteers and told us to get more Ribena for ourselves, and I replied, “Oh, done.” And he looked at me, speechless.

Yup, that’s me. Your beloved budding lawyer who will probably turn up at the wrong court for the wrong case, be the first lawyer to say “Maaf, Yang Arif, saya sesat tadi”, the first to make a judge speechless, (after which I’d probably be dragged out of court), and who will probably still volunteer to work for musicals she can’t afford.

Candy cane picture!

Picture0578


Also, Ben came up with an original, which Amreeta and I helped to draft:

What does a lawyer call a public missionary in BM?

No comments: