Wednesday 5 August 2009

Bus Adventure #2

Guess what? The printer in the computer lab downstairs doesn't work. No, it probably works. It just can't work. I may be a techie noob, but I know when a cable doesn't fit into any of the ports in the CPU.
Justify Full
So I went to the lab upstairs. And oh, I forgot to pay for the piece of paper I printed. Yikes. Come to think of it, I also forgot to pay for Monday's Hailam mee goreng in the Cafe. Double yikes. will pay tomorrow! Scatterbrain. Aih.


hainanese food = THE best. ladida~


Passed some coursemates on the way out of the Faculty.

deViolets: "Ada kelas ke?"
me: "tak. nak naik bas."
"pergi mane?"
"saje."
"o_O"


2.45 pm. waited as usual.


I think we should have a PROPER bus stop. This is not a bus stop. This is a piece of wood, on a stake, with a drawing of a bus on it + two words. It's very well-drawn, but I don't think I'll feel the same way on a rainy day.

Anyway.

2.50pm
Rapid KL bus exited KL Gate.

2.55pm
First-year named Izmin walked out. Nothing much happened. I asked him if he sat the bus regularly, he said no, I showed him Stanley Yeo's book on Criminal Law in Malaysia and Singapore...

3.00pm
...And then we watched a UM bus zoom past. No, I didn't get the registration number. I caught "Jalan 2", but that was all. Before I had time to be properly appalled, a "Jalan 1" bus came along: WMG5199.

I boarded the bus and it was crammed like a can of sardine. In that respect, I salute the bus driver for stopping for the two of us, and later, about four more students at the next stop.

Thank God for air-conditioning.

3.20pm
I got down at 11th College. And then muttered, "I may have gotten off at the wrong college" as I trudged to the college next door.

Anyway.

My getting off the bus at that point of time was purely intentional. truly. I wanted to see what it was like - waiting for the bus at 12th.

As it turned out, waiting at 12th wasn't very nice, because I waited 20 minutes before the next bus (WKG8428, Jalan 2) came along. Oh ya, before that:

3.25pm
WJM5809 zoomed by on the other side of the road.

3.44pm
For some strange reason - or maybe I really liked the air-conditioning - I stayed aboard when the bus stopped at the Faculty.

3.47pm
WKG8428 stopped at the bus stop behind the main library. Everyone got off except me and four other students who were holding big sketch pads and some weird-looking rulers. The bus driver told us to get off. The four sheepishly walked past, and when I came to the driver, I naturally said "what up?" His reply was as such:

"Dah berhenti kerja. Tukar orang lain."


Hmm. Don't understand how the shifts work. Does one driver drive around for 45 minutes, then rest the remaining 15 minutes? The bus schedule says that "every bus will do 3 trips / 1 hour".

Anyway.

I was marooned on the lonely island behind the main library.

3.58pm
Amreeta sms-ed and asked if I was still experimenting with the bus because she was already at the foyer and waiting for me to go to Paandi's. I said I'd be back soon.

4.00pm
WQV8769, Jalan 2. A student from China declared that the bus was late. Listening to the two students speak in their musical Mandarin, I felt like I was back on the tour bus in China, listening to the guide and watching the tourists 'nod in silent agreement'.

4.14pm
Someone who smelled like goreng pisang boarded the bus. Sudden craving for goreng pisang.

4.15pm
Faculty of Science. Almost everyone gets off. Driver tells the remnants to get off as well. This one was very polite. He even told the international student where to board another bus, and called, "Terima kasih, adik" when he saw that the clueless me was still glued to my seat. Again, I asked. He replied,

"Nak pergi bengkel."


Bengkel? Kemahiran Hidup bengkel kind of bengkel? *brain was not fit to not think nonsensically* Maybe it was his face that looked so kesian, or maybe it was the shock of being left at the same bus stop yet again, essentially meaning that I was back to square 1 - but I left him alone and got off the bus. Walking over to the bus stop behind the main library, I remembered thinking, "Eh. The bengkel is the one near the Faculty and 1st College izit! -_-"

And so, at 4.15pm, I finally gave up and asked Chelsea to come get me. Good thing I'd had the sense to pass her my carkeys.

And here I apologize to Amreeta, Rubini and Thulsi for making you wait a little. Uh...

Someone asked me why I looked so tired. I said, "I took three buses."

Someone asked why I took three buses. Ah well.



A bit too tired to start explaining all over again. Anyway. You. Readers. You know why, right?

Plus, Kean Kang, you promised to go on the bus tour on Friday with me d. JKOs said in July 2008: "A lawyer's promise is a promise". Ta! =P

No comments: