Saturday 13 June 2009

DMSJ 2009: Day 2 (Sunday)

Day 2 was when I took a photo of a guy who looked so much like Ah Zheng. No time to find a picture of Ah Zheng now, so I'll do that later.



Next, baptism by the sea.



The camp committee waded into the sea the night before with the microphones and all to test that they were all good. There were... five candidates? Was never good with numbers.


it's so. bland. *prejudice*


K. I'll come clean. I dislike the sea. I totally, absolutely dislike the sea.

I'm not dissing the PD sea. I hate every kind of sea. I hate seawater, and I hate groups of seawater. ya i know i don't describe things very well. Why I hate the sea is another story. Anyway, I stayed far, far away from the sea while the baptismal service was going on. Uncle Dex said that some of the candidates had gone through a lot to make this decision to be baptized, and for that, I give them my awe. Many don't realize that baptism is more than getting soaked underwater.


Morning worship @ 9.45 am

Personally one of the weirdest Sunday worship sessions for me because I was playing in a full band. Chee Kean was very helpful in coordinating the musicians during worship, but methinks I'll probably never want to try that again. It was difficult to concentrate and very difficult to focus. I think if every Sunday worship was like that for me, I'd go years without worshiping the Lord on Sundays.

And I had to swallow the huge chunk of bread Chee Kean plucked off for me while I was playing the er, muzik bertemaning (accompanying music? lols.).


Lunch

Dropped some rice all over the table and my shorts.

dropped some on the first day also actually.
it's like... tradition.


Day 2's game was called Survivor. To some people's disappointment, and to my utmost delight, it was only a game of Poison Ball.

unc dex trying to er, hide the ball.
shields are to defend self against balls.

ju at the right. gaya!


To my complete and pleasant surprise, I survived the game. Hah see, I can play some land games also k.

The fun really started when the organizers said to gather the ball-pickers (camp committee) in the middle of the circle without shields, for us to throw balls at. They put up a valiant fight *semangat song*, but in the end, there was only one ball-picker left.

jun yi. eh. macam defending against penalty kick nie.


Here's a video of the plight of The Last Ball-Picker:


video was taken a little too late.
the front part was lagi memberangsangkan.
got matrix stuff goin' on wan.



Ceh. Oklah. Not badlah. =P

It was Daniel's turn to play the drums for the night's session. Daniel got the difficult songs, I think. Everyday, for one. And there was that new Rainbow song.

chee kean explaining drum beats.


I think it was more difficult for Daniel to play with other SAGC/DGC musicians than Adrian (the night before), because he'd been there since the very first DMSJ Quiz in 2000. Back when it was still the DMS Quiz. That was when all the keng chao and inhuman fellas rocked the stage with their alien skills. I, for one, always refused to play the piano when DGC and SAGC-ians were around.

was he nervous? ask him. =D


Anyhow, Daniel did good. =D Except for a certain drumroll. Ahaha.

The Rainbow song came with some actions, which we couldn't see because MGC-ians were somehow always sitting at the back. So...

Improvise!

auntie tina: "everybody just look at andy."


i didn't get the actions anyway.


And by the end of Day 2, I'd found a better way to sleep. (and slightly more leg space)

er no. my feet didn't touch the towel.


Yup.

so did they.

5 comments:

Elena's said...

AHHH! ken so cute!

hwei said...

Yalor! Hahahaha. Eh, Adrian not cute ar? Ahahaha~

Elena's said...

hahaha nah... adrian not cute. lol.

mau said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa T.T u guys are soooo mean...

hwei said...

Eh eh it's Elena ok. I didn't say anything aso. =P